Women Waging Peace and International Alert Joint Publication— Inclusive Security, Sustainable Peace: A Toolkit for Advocacy and Action.
A resource for women peace builders and practitioners to effectively promote peace and security. Women Waging Peace and International Alert collaborated to produce the Toolkit, which outlines the components of peace building from conflict prevention to post-conflict reconstruction, highlights the role that women play in each phase, and is directed to women peace builders and the policy community.
the Toolkit: Click on the links at http://www.womenwagingpeace.net/toolkit.asp
to download sections of the toolkit.
If you would like a hard copy, please email: email@example.com .
main goals of the Toolkit are to:
· overview critical information and strategies for addressing key peace and security issues;
· bridge the divide between the realities of peace activists in conflict, post-conflict, and transition areas, and the international practitioners and policymakers responsible for designing and implementing programs in these contexts;
· present issues in a user-friendly manner and demystify the "policy speak" and terminology used by the international community;
· describe how women are affected by and contribute to peacemaking, peace building, and security processes; and
· highlight practical examples of women's contributions and offer concrete, feasible steps for fostering their empowerment.
A key measure of our success will be the extent to which activists, policymakers, and others use, develop, and take ownership of this resource.