Canadian Centres for
Okotoks, AB CANADA
Ph: (403) 461-2469
Fax: (309) 407-6576
E-Mail: stewartr [at] peace.ca
23 Nov 2009
The Canadian Centres for Teaching Peace is sponsored by Robert Stewart, Chartered
Accountant/ Management Consultants.
Thanks and appreciations to the
following individuals and organizations who inspired and contributed to the production of
the PEACE.CA web site:
Rotary International, who provided support and inspiration
through the PolioPlus Program, speakers and presentations at Rotary International's 1996
Conference in Calgary Alberta, and a wide variety of informational and program support for
'Building Peace in the Community' and the vision "to help build a better world ...
and to advance the search for peace in the world".
the Rotary Club of Okotoks Alberta, who supported and allowed Bob Stewart to
"Follow Your Rotary Dream".
Rotary District 5360, and a particular thank you to District Governor Dan Graham
who initiated Urban Hope/Peace Plus in the District in a large way, and to Incoming
District Governor Chuck Masur and Rotary International Canadian Director Bob Scott who
have provided continuing support and commitment to a Peace Symposium in Calgary.
our list of 'Champions for Peace', that we have found inspiring:
Geoffrey B.W. Little, Tony Quinlivan and Paul Warner of the Rotary International
Peace Cities Program;
David Stewart, Allan Bleiken and Fred Windwick of the Edmonton Rotary Urban Hope
Dr. Jim Smith, Trudy Govier, Caroline Brown, Sally Hodges and other members of
Project Ploughshares Calgary;
Dr. Stephan Randall, Dean of Social Studies of the University of Calgary;
Dr. Mark Vorobej of the Centre for Peace Studies, McMaster University;
Dr. Mark Genuis of the National Foundation for Family Research and Education;
- Past Mayor Barbara Hall of the City of Toronto Safe City Program;
- Michael Wolkensperg and Bob Rutherford of the Toronto Rotary Urban Hope
- Tom Calkin of the Vancouver Rotary Urban Hope Initiative;
- Jim Gurnett of The Hope Foundation;
- Coleman McCarthy of the Center for Teaching Peace;
- Michael Shaw of the Toward a Better Understanding Program;
- Dr. Hanna Newcombe of the Peace Research Institute - Dundas, who's many, many
years of tireless effort towards Peace will probably never receive the total recognition
- Marion Stewart, Chairperson of the Foothills Region Victims Services
Association, Block Parents and Okotoks Women's Networking Association, wife and mother;
- and our children, who provide our most important need and drive to do this.
---our web site host Internet Brokers Group [ Internet Brokers group
] who have provided a home for our web site without charge.
Thank you to one and all. And a special thank you to all our visitors who make
our endeavours worthwhile. If you find our information useful, please share it with